Chana masala is a famous side dish for Puri in this i have added Palak and Pomegranate. Chana for Protein, Palak for Iron,Pomegranates contains a variety of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. So we can get three healthy benefits from this recipe.
Chana Palak Masala with Pomegranate
Recipe Source: My Own
Chana Palak with Pomegranate
White Chana – 200 gram
Palak – 1 cup
To Roast in a oil and Grind
Oil – 1tspn
Tomato – 2 nos
Curd – 2 tspn
Fennel seeds – 1 tspn
Onion – 2 nos
Green chilli – 2 nos
Pomegranate – 3 tspn
Garam masala pwd – ¼ tspn (cinnamon, cardamom, clove)
Sugar – 1 pinch
Red chilli pwd – ¼ tspn
Coriander pwd – ½ tspn
Salt – to taste
Butter (or ) ghee – 1 tspn
Oil – 2 tspn
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tspn
Coriander ( cilantro) leaves – few
- Chop and wash the palak and ensure that there is no sand particles sticking to it,
- While Strain the water .
- Soak white chana over night , boil the chana (which was soaked in water over night)in a pressure cooker.
- In a wide pan add 1 tspn oil add fennel seeds, chopped green chilli and leave it to sauté, then add add roughly chopped tomato, onion, palak, pomegranate cook 2 minutes and leave it to a cool. Then grind it to smooth paste.
- Heat a vessel, add oil + butter, and add ginger garlic paste sauté about 2 minutes.
- Add ground palak masala paste and required amt of water, cook 5 minutes.
- Add spice powders (chili, coriander, turmeric, salt cook for 5 minutes.
- Cook until the raw smell goes off and add chana cook for 5 minutes. Finally add garam masala and sugar cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer it to a bowl and garnishing it with few cilantros.
- Healthy Palak chana is very good side dish for puri, chappathi, roti naan, bread ,bun.
மாதுளை, பாலக் சென்னா மசாலா Tamil version Click Here
My Tamil Blog : Samaiyal attakaasam
My Fb Page: Jaleelakamal