Eid-al-Adha 2014 is also called as the ‘Greater Eid’ and is the second momentous festival of the Muslims. This festival comes immediately after Eid-ul-Fitr and every Muslim is required to fast for 6 days in the month of Shawwal. After this, they have to prepare for their trip to Hajj.On the tenth day of Hajj, they celebrate the festival of sacrifice. Eid-Al-Adha is celebrated in a similar way as Eid-Ul-Fitr, the only difference is that an animal is sacrificed on this day.
Mitta Khana is the Traditional sweet in Muslim Marriages , other occasions & Eid Festivals.
- basmati rice - 1/4 kg
- sugar - 1/2 kg
- sweetless kowa - 50 gram
- dalda - 50 gram
- cashew - 50gram
- raisins - 50 gram
- cinnamon - 1 small piece
- clove - 2 nos
- yellow or red food colouring - i pinch
- gheen - 2 tspn
- salt - 1 pinch
- Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes and drain the water completely.
- in a wide vessel add 3/4th water and bring to boil , when it starts boiling add pinch of salt ,yellow food colouring and add the rice to the boiling water. And cook it for 3/4 and drain it in colander.
- in a other pan heat dalda and add Clove & cinnamon ,add cooked rice and toss well then add sugar and cook for 5 minutes
- Now add the kowa and stir well, cook until sugar melts and absorbs the rice.
- In a separate pan heat ghee and fry the nuts and raisins till golden brown, add it to the rice and mix well and serve
- It's very well goes with Mutton biriyani, and all biriyani varieties.
Instead of Dalda you can use ghee or butter.
Hi Friends, Wishing you all a bright and joyful Eid - Al - Adha.