Kids hate vegetable, so we can hide and give through this type of snacks.
Corn Peas Money Bag/wontons/Potli
Maida – 200 gram
Salt – ¼ tspn
Sugar – ½ tspn
Hot water – ¼ glass
Oil or butter – 1 tspn
Sweet Corn (Frozen) – 100 gram
Green Peas – 50 gram
Cabbage ( grated) – ¼ cup
Carrot grated – 1 tspn
Chopped Capsicum – 2 tspn
Chopped green chilli – 1no
Chopped Onion – 1 tbspn
Chopped garlic – 2 pod
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tspn
Coarsely grounded black pepper – ½ tspn
Lemon juice – ½ tspn
Sugar – 2 pinches
1. In another wide bowl, mix the Atta,sugar, oil and salt.
2. Prepare a soft dough with those ingredients.
3. Make small lemon size balls and roll it in atta, as needed.
4. Make a the balls in to a flat rotis (like puris) .
5. In a non stick pan add oil and add onion and garlic and sauté for 2 min.
6. Add Corn and peas saute for 1 min, Add cabbage, carrot and capsicum , sauté for 1 min.
7. Add salt and sprinkle little water and cook about 2 min
8. Finally add sugar, pepper pwd and lemon juice salt mix well and remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
10. Place the flattened dough Keep 1 heaped teaspoon of the
11. Prepared cabbage filling in the center.
12. Close it gently like modak shape like a money bag and keep aside.
13. Heat oil in a pan keep the fire in Medium flame deep fry the all money bags.
Note: This is very interesting recipe, kids will love the shape,In olden days Grannies use the moneybags to keep the money. money bags symbolise wealthy, whereas this corn peas moneybag symbolise healthy.
we can also use mutton or chicken filling instead of veggie.
if there is any fear in closing the bag you can use spring onion to tie up this bag.
Sending to Indusladies event - Kids Lunch Box Recipe