Bitter gourd curry
Bitter gourd is very good for diabetic people. If it is used thrice in a week this diabetic can be controlled well.
Bitter guard – 300
Chopped Onion – 2 nos
Chopped Tomato – 2 nos
Green chili – 1 no
Red chilli pwd – 1 tspn
Turmeric pwd – ½ tspn
Salt – to taste
Oil – 3 tspn
Mustard seeds – ½ tspn
Curry leaves – few
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tspn
Mango pwd – ¼ tspn
Lemon juice – ¼ tspn
jaggery – ½ tspn
Grated coconut – ¼ cup (optional)
- Wash and chop the bitter gourd.
- Heat oil in pan temper with mustard seeds, curry leaves and ginger garlic paste sauté till it raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped onion fry till change to pink and chopped tomato, green chilli, sauté 1 minutes and add red chilli pwd , turmeric pwd,salt & add chopped bitter gourd sprinkle some water and close the lid and cook under medium heat about 3 minutes.
- Finely add add lemon juice, jaggery, mango pwd, grated coconut and stir it well and cook for 2 minutes and remove for the heat.
- Serve with plain rice or chappathi.
As it tastes very bitter it is not easily consumed by most of the people.
you can use tamarind juice instead of mango pwd and lemon juice