Kuzipaniyaram is one of the chettinad Traditional Breakfast, .We make this paniyaramm using special kuzipaniyaram pan If you don't have this paniyaram pan we can make like appam.
This is one of the variety which i tried, in chettinad sweet and spicy varieties of kuzhipani
Brown Rice 100 gram
Maida (all purpose flour) – 100 gram
Jaggery – 150 gram
Chiquita – 1
Coconut – pieces - 2 tbps
Cardamom – 3
Badam (almond) flakes – 1 tbpsn
Dry ginger powder – ½ tspn
Salt – 1 pinch
Sodium bicarbonate - 1 pinch
Oil ghee – as required
1. Soak brown rice for 2 hours and grind well.
2. Grind the soaked rice. While grinding, add cardamom, salt, and maida.
Grind for 3 minutes.
3. Add the banana and grind well. Remove from the grinder.
4. Add ½ cup water into jaggery and heat it up. Filter the syrup.
5. In the batter, add dry ginger powder, jaggery syrup, Sodium bicarbonate (almond) flakes and coconut pieces. Mix well.
6. Heat the paniyaram pan. Add little oil + ghee and pour the batter.
7. Cook on low flame, checking regularly both sides, so it does not get burned.
Zesty palette vardhini's Sweet luv ,Sumee's Cullinary bites Bon vivant - sweet, sarav's dish for loved ones, Tickling plate radhika's let's cook - 12 sweets, umm mymoon;s Any one can cook series - 41, roshan cucina's kerala kitchen ,Anzz cafe valentines special event ,teena's valentines day event,sizzling taste buds magic mingle