கொத்தவரங்காய் பருப்பு உசிலி
Cluster beans chana dal stir fry/Koththvaranka paruppu usili / Cluster Beans Paruppu Usili Bramin Style. It is bramin’s Traditional side dish. It is usually prepared for bramin’s marriage.
(Cluster beans chana dal stir fry)
- Cluster beans – 300 gram
- Channa dal – 100 gram
- Green chili – 2 nos
- Ginger – 1 inch size
- Curry leaves - few
- Salt – ½ tspn
- Oil – 3 + 1 tspn
- Whole red chilli – 2 nos
- Cumin seeds – ½ tspn
- Curry leaves – few
- Asafetida – 2 pinches
- Coriander leaves – few
- Soak channa dal (kadalai paruppu) for ½ hour and drain the water.
- In a mixie add drained channa dal, ginger, curry leaves, green chili, and salt grind coarsely.
- Mix well and Make 6 equal small ball and steam it in a idli pan.
- Wash cluster beans and chop it finely. In a vessel add chopped cluster beans, 2 cup water, salt,turmeric pwd cook for 3 minutes and drain the water.
- Heat iron griddle add 3 tspn oil and temper with above ingredients
- Add steamed balls , break the balls and sauté well.
- Add cooked cluster beans stir it well and sprinkle 1tspn oil stir thoroughly and remove from the heat.
- Cluster beans paruupy usili is ready to serve with plain rice.
- It is bramin’s Traditional side dish. It is usually prepared for bramin’s marriage.
- In original recipe they will grind the channa with whole red chilli and asafetida, here I have used green chilli and ginger. It gives more taste to usili.
- After grinding the channa they are directly fried well with oil but here I have steamed instead of frying.
- You can use Cabbage, Banana Flower ( vaazaippuu) , Beans, Capsicum, Carrot instead of Cluster beans.
- It is very healthy and tasty paruppu usili.
Deit Thali Menu
1 Plain Rice
2. Tomato Rasam
3.Cluster Beans Paruppu Usili
4.Bitter Gourd masala
Check out My other Method of usili here => Beans Paruppu UsiliGayatri's walkthrough memory lane hosted by The Big sweet tooth & Preeti's foodabulas feast hosted by a bowl of curry