Scud fish curry - ayila miin curry- அயில மீன் குழம்பு.
This spicy fish curry is the traditional recipe of saurashtrians which does not contain vegetables like onions, tomatoes, garlic like other normal fish curries. This is very simple recipe which can be prepared very easily.You can also use yam egg, bringal instead of fish to prepare this tasty and spicy curry.
Scud fish – ¼ kg
Whole red chilli - 1 or 2 (depends on your spice level)
Whole pepper – 1 tspn
Cumin seeds – 1 tspn
Fennel seeds – 1 tspn
Aachi or sakthi curry pwd – 1 tspn
Grated coconut – one cup
Tamarind – 1 lemon size ball
Oil – 5 tspn
Cumin seeds - ½ tspn
Curry leaves – few
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup of hot water and extract the juice , keep aside
- Wash and clean the fish.
- Grind together whole pepper, cumin, fennel, whole red chilli, coconut, curry powder, salt to a fine paste.
- Heat a griddle add oil and temper with cumin seeds and curry leaves pour the ground ingredients and add enough water then cook for 5 to 10 min.
- Add tamarind juice and cook for about 5 min
- Finally add fish and cook for about 5 min.
- Remove from the gas, transfer the fish curry into serving bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves.