Serves - 3 person
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Beetroot Biriyani (Pressure Cooker Method)
Beetroot Biriyani is a colourful healthy dish for kids Lunch box.It enhances hemoglobin who are anemic.
Chut phut one pot meal It is very healthy meal, especially for pregnant women.
- Beetroot – 2 Medium size
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 2
- Green chilli – 1
- Red chilli powder – 1//2 tspn
- Curd – 1 tspn
- Coriander leaves and mint leaves – few
- Bay leaves – 2 pcs
- Cinnamon , clove,cardamom – each – 1 pc
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 ½ tspn
- Salt – to taste ( 1 tspn)
- Oil – 5 tspn
- Ghee – 1 tspn
- Lemon juice - ½ tspn
- Boiled - Egg - 2 nos
- Soak rice for 10 minutes. Peel and wash the beetroot and cut into small cubes.
- Cut the onion and tomato lengthwise. Heat oil in a cooker add bay leaves, cinnamon , cardamom, clove when they y start crackle add onion sauté till it turns pink, add ginger garlic paste and sauté till it’s raw smell goes away, Now add coriander, mint leaves stir it for 2 minutes and add tomato and green chilli cook it for about 2 minutes under low flame.
- Now add beetroot, chilli powder, salt, curd and cook about – 2 minutes .
- Add water 1: 1 ½ ratio and allow to boil then add soaked rice again boil about 5 minutes now add lemon juice + ghee and close with cooker lid and leave for 2 whistles.
- When the pressure completely releases out of the cooker, mix well with fork and transfer it in to a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves and boiled egg serve it with Raita
பீட்ரூட் பிரியாணி - Tamil version
Pressure cooker - beetroot biriyani