Most Keralites are celebrating ONAM Festival. They prepare Onam sadhya which is a Kerala Special Thali and has as many as 29 items in one Thali. Out of these items Mixed vegetable Sambaris one such dish.Main Side dish for Onam Thali. I wish to give a treat to my viewers by providing this simple and quick to make recipe - Kerala Special Inji Puli / Puli Inji Curry
This recipe send by My Best Friend Viji sathya Thank u viji
//Sorry for late posting//
Inji Puli/Puli Inji curry( Ginger Jaggery Curry)
Ginger : 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Tamarind paste : 3 tsp or Tamarind pulp : small lemon sized
Green Chilly : 3-4 (finely chopped)
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
Red Chilly Powder : 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 tsp
Dry Red Chilly : 2-3 (broken)
Jaggery : 1/4 cup according to taste
Curry leaves : 2 sprig
Coconut Oil : 3 tbsp
Water : 11/2 cup
Salt to taste
1. Soak the tamarind in 1 cup of hot water for a 10-15 minutes then to extract the juice and filter the tamarind juice .or
tamarind paste in the water. Set aside.
2. Peel the ginger and chop finely, pour the chopped ginger.
3. Heat coconut oil in a kadai and fry the ginger until its brown.
4. Remove the fried ginger excess the oil and keep it aside.
5. Option fried ginger in a mixer grinder to get it finely crushed.
6. Take a kadai or preferably and pour the tamarind juice,add salt,chilly powder and turmeric powder and combine well.
7. Bring to boil, reduce the flame to low and cook for 10 minutes,so that the gravy gets thick.
8. Add 1 cup of hot water with jaggery and mix well, filter it and keep that aside.
9. Heat oil in a pan,add mustard seeds, when it splutter add chopped onion,chopped dry red chilly,chopped green chilly and curry leaves and saute till brown colour.
10. Add the crushed ginger and jaggery water ,reduce the flame allow the mixture to boil until the mixture is thick, pulpy and reduced by half.
11. Cool and transfer into a jar or bottle and leave to settle for an hour and Enjoy!
Tag: Inji puli, Puli Inji, Kerala Special, Kerala Recipes, Festival Recipe,Medicated Recipe,