Kodo millet(varagu), Barn yard millet(kuthirai vali),Thinai (foxtail millet),Samai
(all above millets 1 glass- 200 gram)
Split green moong dal – ¼ glass – 50 gram
Dry ginger jaggery – 1 glass- 200 gram
Milk – 200 ml
Green cardamom pwd – ½ tspn
Ghee – 2 soup spoon full
Cashew nuts and raisins – 25 gram
- Dry roast the dal and Wash and soak rice varieties and dal for 20 minutes
- Melt dry ginger jaggery in one glasses of water..
- make jaggery syrup strain the water and keep aside
- Roast cashew and raisins in ghee
- In a cooker Boil one glass milk+one glass water
- Add soaked rices and dal leave it to boil and add strained jaggery syrup ghee and caradamom pwd close the lid and leave three whitle.
- After pressure release sprinkle roasted cashew and raisins
- serve with sundal or Dal vada
Instead of ginger jaggery u can add normal jaggery(vellam) ,brown sugar or white sugar
Instead of mixed millets u can use aval, oats or normal rice.
Black channa dal sundal
Black channa - 200 gram
oil - 2 tspn
musturd seeds - 1 tspn
chopped green chili - two tspn
chopped small onion - 5 nos
curry leaves - few
grated coconut - 1/2 cup
for garnishing - 1 tsbsn grated coconut or coconut pieces
Soak black channa for 8 hour.
In a Pressure cooker,Add channa and 4 cups of water and little of salt and Leave it to 1 or 2 whistles. After the pressure releases,strain the water completely and keep it aside.
In a pan temper with oil, musturd seeds, small onion, curry leaves, green chilli and grated coconut .when it start crackle add strained channa and stir well.
Finally mix sugar and little grated coconut mix it well.
Serve it with sweet pongal.
Tag:Festival Recipe, pongal recipes, sakkarai pongal, kids special , toddler recipe